Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 25th at South Shore Art Center!!!



Hey all, I'm excited to report that on September 25th, 6-8 p.m. I will be attending the opening reception at the South Shore Art Center for their Color Matters show( September 18–November 1) that was juried by Associate Curator of the ICA Boston, Jen Mergel.

Yours truly was one of the artists selected to present a piece( Shades of me, left) in the show, which was a tremendous honor. This will be one of the first juried exhibitions I've been a part of so I feel like this is the start of something new. It's hard to get plugged into the Boston scene so I feel very blessed and know it's only the grace of God!

On another note, The Skin Quilt Project is going great! I had my first trip to Houston a few weekends ago and it was a remarkable experience. It's truly a blessing to be able to meet and talk to so many people to hear their own experiences and see how we're really all connected. I've been editing and capturing footage ever since I got home and it's been amazing to look back after the interviews and see what was said. When you're filming your only able to really hear some things because you're also focusing on the vision of everything. I've also been able to recruit some outstanding scholars and quilters for the project as well so I feel very humbled to be able to speak with them all. Keep a look out on The Skin Quilt Project site as I'll be posting some footage their as well as commentary about the participants etc.

In other things, I'm looking doing a bit of quilting myself or at least looking at the quilting technique as a theme for my MFA thesis. I'll show the progress!!!

No comments: